Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Project Life by Stampin' Up!: International Blog Hop

Hello friends! Thanks so much for joining me for our International Project Life by Stampin' Up! Blog Hop! You're currently visiting me in Calgary, AB Canada, and we are about to take you on a tour around the globe! 

The Project Life product line from Stampin' Up! holds a near and dear place in my heart, as I finally feel like I will one day be all 'caught up' on my memory keeping. I've made great progress and I'm happy to report that I have hundreds of photos now in albums! Yes, HUNDREDS. Project Life by Stampin' Up! is so quick and easy, and I want you to feel confident as you embark on this journey (if it's new for you), and also share some of my little tips for you seasoned Project Lifers. 


I recently began the process of getting several hundred photos from our wedding - that was a DECADE ago - into pocket pages and I took some photos of my process to share with you. 
1. Don't be intimidated by "the big sort". If you have hundreds of photos to put into order, as I did, just turn on your favourite music and do it in chunks of time. It doesn't all have to be done at once, but it's important to keep at it.

2. Sort large events with lots of photos into 'mini' events. For these wedding photos I made stacks of the preparation, ceremony, professional photos, reception, and gift opening. Don't worry about putting these photos into chronological order until you're ready to slide those photos into pockets.

3. Once your photos are sorted, if you have the space, lay out all your pocket pages in stacks by style. Group the pages for portrait photos together and those for landscape photos together. I find this makes my page selection go much quicker. 

4. When it's time to place your photos into pockets, just get to it! Don't stop to choose and insert journalling cards on every page. Get those pictures in the album and then go back and pretty it all up with your Project Life by Stampin' Up! stuff after. 

5. When you're working on your album, give yourself permission to crop photos. In an age when everything can be duplicated, just don't sweat it. If you don't have the digital file of the photo, just scan and save it first.

6. If you're documenting and want to keep things strictly chronological, you'll definitely want to purchase Variety Pack 2, 12x12 Project Life Photo Pocket Pages (item #138471). In this pack you'll find the super useful page style 09. It incorporates both portrait and landscape photos. A real lifesaver!

7. Have colour and black & white photos that should go chronologically on the same layout? Don't sweat it! Put the colour and black & white photos together for a fabulous contrasting look.

Once your photos are in your pages, you'll already feel an intense sense of accomplishment. I promise. Then it's time to move on and add the Project Life components. Today I have a layout using the Memories in the Making Collection to share with you.
I made this layout to document my time at Stampin' Up! Convention last summer, as well as highlight some accomplishments that I'm very proud of and want to remember.
Some fun ways to bring your whole layout together are to use things like the markers, ink, and paper that match your Project Life by Stampin' Up! Collection. Here I used the marker colours that are present in the kit to check off my 'Bucket List' items. 
I also used the co-ordinating cardstock colours to really make that 'WOW' pop! I did a video on this technique last year, you can see it HERE.


With the title (or feature card as I like to call it) being a real eye catcher with lots of details, I tend to keep the rest of the cards on my page very simple. 

With just one fabulously embellished card, and the rest of your pockets filled with photos, journalling, and accent cards, your page spreads will come together SO quickly. You will be pleasantly surprised at how much you can accomplish in a short amount of time. 

I hope you enjoyed a peek into how I document my memories using Project Life by Stampin' Up! supplies. You can purchase everything you need to get started (or keep going!) in My Canadian Online Stampin' Up! Shop

And don't forget to go and visit these very talented bloggers, who all have some Project Life inspiration to share with you today! 

Blog Hop Guest List

Allison Okamitsu - you are here!


Use this month's hostess code when you shop online to earn rewards
When you shop with me you're earning Stamp Tokens too! For every $50 (before shipping & tax) you earn 1 Stamp Token. Collect 8 Stamp Tokens and receive a FREE clear or photopolymer STAMP SET of your choice (valued up to $40).

Happy Stampin'


Shop in Canada with me!


3 comments:

  1. So awesome Allison - I love your quote and I am going to use that again I am sure - "Once your photos are in your pages, you'll already feel an intense sense of accomplishment" I adore that! because it is so true. Love your wedding page - what a stunning Bride! Thanks for the colour blocking tip too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great ideas! Thanks for sharing! I I love your pages. Thay are just beautiful!
    Isn´t it great how easy it is and how great it feels to have so many photos in your albums! Love Project Life by Stampin´Up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stack of photos to get into albums looks exactly the same! I love your convention layout! <3

    ReplyDelete