I just love the soft, vintage look to this card. Here's a few tips to create your own vintage vibe pretties:
- Use soft colours with muted tones, like the Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron, and Smoky Slate I've used here.
- Don't be afraid to mix white and vanilla. My card base is Very Vanilla, Watercolour Paper is white, designer paper is vanilla, and all my stamping is done on Whisper White. It's ok, just go with it.
- Get yourself some stamps that have a vintage feel, like Picture Perfect (coming soon), Everything Eleanor, Choose Happiness, Watercolour Wings, Butterfly Basics, and Traveler.
- Watch your fonts. When you're adding a sentiment, don't use anything with an ultramodern font. Stick to the typewriter look or soft flowing cursive.
- Don't forget the accessories! Here are a few of my vintage faves: Typeset Designer Series Paper, Linen Thread, Venetian Crochet Trim, Antique Brads, Very Vintage Buttons, and Vintage Faceted Buttons.
Now it's time to go visit my new friend, Amy O'Neill! Her work is outstanding and I'm excited to see what she's created this week!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog