I was a little behind packaging the gift I got for Mr.O, so it was perfect timing when the doorbell rang yesterday morning and it was the FedEx man with my Paper Pumpkin. And woohoo, 6 fabulous gift bags! Perfect!!!!
The Paper Pumpkin Kit came with a Pistachio Pudding Ink Spot, but I wanted my bag to match my card, so I opted for Strawberry Slush.
This little teacup card is a hybrid MDS creation. Yes, I used MDS, and no I don't have an electronic cutter…yet ;) Follow these easy steps below to create your own shaped cards with MDS (and no e-cutter):
- select the image you'd like to use for your shaped card
- resize if required
- copy and paste another of the same image and use the flip tool
- place the flipped image above the original, with a small overlap on the top for the fold of your card
- print onto DSP or card stock and cut out with scissors and/or hobby blade
- embellish as desired
- if you are using an image that is solid (as I did here), recolour it white and place a light colour in the background so you can see where to cut
- try some paper piecing! Print multiple copies on different colours of card stock or DSP and then layer them up
|This is the image from MDS that I printed onto my DSP to create the teacup card|
I kept the inside of this one really simple with a small punched heart and a stamped sentiment from the Yippee Skippee stamp set.
Stamps: Now You're Cookin'
Background Paper: Crumb Cake
Paper crafting Supplies:
Stamps: Hip Notes, Yippee Skippee
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Kaleidoscope DSP, Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Window Sheet
Punches: Full Heart, Small Heart, 1 ¾" Circle, 2 ½" Circle
All supplies available in My Canadian Stampin' Up! Online Store
I hope you enjoyed the collaboration of the February Paper Pumpkin Kit with MDS and traditional paper crafting.
Have an awesome weekend!