Saturday, February 15, 2014

Paper Pumpkin & My Digital Studio Collaboration

Happy Be-lated Valentines Day to you!  I hope you spent a lovely day with someone you love.  I had an afternoon skating date with my hubby followed by a fun evening of creating.  

I was a little behind packaging the gift I got for Mr.O, so it was perfect timing when the doorbell rang yesterday morning and it was the FedEx man with my Paper Pumpkin.  And woohoo, 6 fabulous gift bags!  Perfect!!!!
The Paper Pumpkin Kit came with a Pistachio Pudding Ink Spot, but I wanted my bag to match my card, so I opted for Strawberry Slush.  
This little teacup card is a hybrid MDS creation.  Yes, I used MDS, and no I don't have an electronic cutter…yet ;)  Follow these easy steps below to create your own shaped cards with MDS (and no e-cutter):

  • select the image you'd like to use for your shaped card
  • resize if required
  • copy and paste another of the same image and use the flip tool
  • place the flipped image above the original, with a small overlap on the top for the fold of your card
  • print onto DSP or card stock and cut out with scissors and/or hobby blade
  • embellish as desired
Tips: 
  • if you are using an image that is solid (as I did here), recolour it white and place a light colour in the background so you can see where to cut
  • try some paper piecing!  Print multiple copies on different colours of card stock or DSP and then layer them up
This is the image from MDS that I printed onto my DSP to create the teacup card
I kept the inside of this one really simple with a small punched heart and a stamped sentiment from the Yippee Skippee stamp set.  
MDS Supplies:
Stamps: Now You're Cookin'
Background Paper: Crumb Cake 

Paper crafting Supplies:
Stamps: Hip Notes, Yippee Skippee
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Kaleidoscope DSP, Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Window Sheet
Punches: Full Heart, Small Heart, 1 ¾" Circle, 2 ½" Circle
All supplies available in My Canadian Stampin' Up! Online Store

I hope you enjoyed the collaboration of the February Paper Pumpkin Kit with MDS and traditional paper crafting.  

Have an awesome weekend!
Happy Stampin'
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment