I did switch up the original design and add the ombre ribbon, which is a real showstopper. I learned this technique from my upline Kristine, who learned it at Stampin' Up! Convention from the concept artists. I just love how SU! is all about sharing!
Tips to create the ombre ribbon:
- use the 7/8" Cotton Ribbon from the Holiday Catalogue #127844
- fill an aqua painter with rubbing alcohol
- fill another aqua painter with rubbing alcohol and a generous number of drops of re-inker (I used more mustard)
- lay your ribbon on several layer of paper towel (don't want to dye the tablecloth or your desk!)
- use the aqua painter that has re-inker in it to colour the top half of your ribbon
- blend the colour down towards the bottom half of your ribbon with the alcohol only aqua painter
- allow to air dry completely before assembling your card
I used some Crystal Effects to add some water droplets to a few of the leaves. You can really see one of them in this picture.
Stamps: French Foliage, Loving Thoughts
Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, More Mustard, Old Olive, Bravo Burgundy, Not Quite Navy
Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Ribbon: 7/8" Cotton
Other: Crystal Effects, Aqua Painter (x2), More Mustard Re-inker
All above supplies available from Stampin' Up!
Non-SU! Supplies: paper towel, rubbing alcohol
It takes a little bit of time and practice to make the ombre ribbon, but I really think it's worth it!