Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Iris Ornament


Hi Everyone!

The countdown is ON!  It's December 1st and Christmas is only 24 sleeps away!  Whoa...I hope I've made enough Christmas cards!  I best be getting those in the mail shortly! 

Today's card is one that I have been meaning to make for a while, but it just seems to keep getting put on the backburner.  I got a swap from convention that was in all blues and was a 3 x 3 notecard, but it's really the paper technique on the punched out image of the ornament that I wanted to try, not the layout.  So on Sunday when I was relaxing I decided to try it out.  I looked at this tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers for some direction, but I didn't follow it really.  I didn't use the template or measure, I was in a 'winging it' kind of mood.  I think it turned out pretty darn cute! 

Stampin' Up! Supplies:
Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Tiny Tags
Punches:  Ornament, Jewelry Tag
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Deck the Halls DSP
Embellishments:  Antique Brads, Silver Cord, 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon

I hope you'll try out this technique too.  It's a fabulous way to use up all those scraps!!!

Happy Stampin'
Allison

Shop online 24/7

No comments:

Post a Comment